Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shop 'Til I Drop

As many of us mothers know, we are primarily the ones to do the shopping. My husband and I have had this discussion many times and I have to admit—I will never send him to the store to do the shopping for our home. Majority of men just don’t have the knack to bargain shop. However, he will come along; he loves to see me in action!

A few days ago, my husband and I discussed having to do some much needed grocery and other stuff shopping. So, we made plans to make our quest for today. When I have to do a major shop, we travel one hour away to Super Walmart & Sam’s Club in Delaware. Our trip to DE can take a total of six hours from the time we leave home until we return. Whew!

Let Me Shop



After I took Kyle to his job interview, I went back home and worked until 3:00. The four of us loaded in our van and headed east to Delaware. We lists in tow, we made our first stop at Staples. We picked up some school supplies for the Princess. We traveled a little further to Super Walmart. I don’t think I need to describe this adventure. Every time I shop, I try to guesstimate how much I’ve spent but I always get it wrong. Nearly three hundred dollars later and I still wasn’t finished.

On we went to our final stop—Sam’s Club. Since we are a family of four, shopping at a warehouse club saves us a lot of money on certain items. Before we left for Delaware, I received a confirmation that my order was ready for pick-up. Sam’s Club as this super feature called “Click-n-Pull”---select your items online, place your order and it’s ready in 24 hours. One hundred and fifty dollars later, I was truly ready to call it a day.

These occasional shopping trips to Delaware can sometimes be fun (if you don’t think about the money you’ve spent). All four of us were tapped out physically and most importantly financially. But at the end of the day, my venture was a money saving one.

What shopping ventures have you had lately?

1 comment:

Petula said...

Yea, the shopping trips are an adventure, huh? I need to get a membership at one of those clubs 'cause it's five of us here and we definitely go through household stuff pretty quickly.

I guess the best trip I've had lately was to Kroger (grocery store) and I needed to pick up snacks and household stuff. I had a coupon for just about every item on the list. I think I saved more than $30. It's exciting to get a deal! :D