Monday, October 20, 2008

Down to the Wire

Well, it's down to the wire and about two weeks left until the Presidential election. I'm not one that talks a lot of politics, except with family and close friends. Please know it's not my intention to force my political views on my readers. However, I have to share an exciting little story about Kyle and our right to vote.


Prior to Kyle becoming an adult on his birthday, he mentioned several times of his desire to register to vote. He had periodically been checking out the news for updates on the political arena. I have to say that in past years, I hadn't heard of a big push for voter registration until this election. Also, you don't hear of many teenagers being excited about voting. Well, needless to say, I have one excited teen in my home.
To make my story short, since I wasn't able to get Kyle to our election office due to timing, he proactively went to the Rock the Vote website. He filled out the form and I mailed it for him along with a copy of his ID. Within ten days, he was holding his first official voter registration card.

I say, "WAY TO GO KYLE". I'm proud that he has taken the initiative to exercise his voting rights.

1 comment:

Petula said...

A lot of teenagers here voted. It's amazing. They should feel so proud to be apart of history this way. I never thought I'd see the day!